Nov 1, 2011

Oh, hi...

I'm going to try to get back in the swing of blogging by joining in on National Blog Posting Month (also known as NaBloPoMo ... no, seriously). This is mostly because I'm too chicken to work on a novella for National Novel(la) Writing Month (NaNoWriMo - you can't make this stuff up. Well, I guess you can, but I didn't).

Anyway, the first prompt was something like, "what is your favorite part of writing?" I guess my favorite part of writing (and life in general) is making people laugh. I had one of my bosses cracking up today with my 'Indian parents' routine, complete with accents. For anyone who knows me, you know I do this all the time and that it is comedy gold. The best part is that my parents like me to "talk like an Indian," too. They used to make me trot out my little routine at dinner parties for the amusement of their friends. So embarrassing, but obviously it just provided me with more and more material. A vicious cycle of hilarity.

My boss: Sri, you are so funny!
Me: Yeah, but you know it all comes from pain.
My boss: Ha ha... ha?

So, yeah. I have heard from a couple of people that this blog is funny from time to time. Honestly, laughing at myself and life is the only way I stay sane. Well, relatively speaking...

Next: "If you knew that whatever you ate next would be your last meal, what would you want it to be?" Prepare yourself for a breathtaking tribute to KFC.

3 comments:

Maggie Cats said...

Pizza and peanut butter and chocolate ice cream.

Monkey Sri said...

Definitely read that as "pizza and peanut butter." I was like, ZOMG is Maggie pregnant?

Andi said...

Monkey, you always make me laugh! :) In a good way, not in a "smile and slowly back away" way. Well, maybe sometimes.

I'm with you on the KFC, but you can have all the chicken, I just want to bathe in the mashed potatoes. But then again, I've been known to compose a series of haiku on my love for mashed potatoes. And cheese.